Jamaican Rice and Peas
- 3/4 cup Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Golden Star Coconut Milk
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 4 cups Genuine Jasmine Rice
- 6-8 Whole Thyme Sprigs
- 4 Scallions
- 3 1/2-4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cardamon
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Large Bay Leaf
* When the beans are cooked, add the remaining ingredients, 2 cups water and stir. Reduce heat to low( your lowest burner) and cook until rice done.
*You may have to add more water, but do so cautiously, as the Beans will release water and the naturally occurring steam will also cook the rice. It does take some time to learn how to cook Jamaican Rice and Peas, but once you do the rewards are many!