Jamaican Jerk Tofu
Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 6 Scallions, Chopped
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce ( Lee Kum Kee or a brand that you're sure is vegan)
- 2" Piece of Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Substitute
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Parika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 Massel Chicken Boullion cubes or 2 teaspoons chicken style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 lb. Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Tablspoons extra Virgin Olive oil
Slice, or cube tofu to your liking. Jerk is usually in thick pieces.
Drizzle the olive oil in a 9"x13" glass Pyrex dish.
Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Flip and bake 15 minutes more.
Remove from oven, marinate in Jerk sauce i n the same pan for at least 1 hour or overnight preferably.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until the jerk sauce has separated and the sauce sizzles and begins to brown the edges of the pan.