2 cups Pumpkin puree
2/3 cups Brown sugar
1/4 cup Unbleached flour (King Arthur)
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground Bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract (I use Nielsen Massey)
1 cup Coconut milk (Golden Star is an excellent brand)
1/3 cup Soy Milk (Silk is what I like)
1/2 tsp Black Salt
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp. Molasses, OPTIONAL
1. Combine sugar, spices, flour and cornstarch.
2. Sugar, spices, flour, and cornstarch into the pumpkin until it is well incorporated.
3. Stir in slats, vanilla and molasses.
4. Scald milks and beat into the pumpkin mixture mix.
5. Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
6. Place pie on 2nd to bottom rack and lay a large sheet of aluminum foil on the top shelf above the pie. This will prevent over browning of the top of the pie. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.